ath10k: firmware crash in station mode & problem DFS

Vu Hai NGUYEN vh.nguyen at actiasodielec.fr
Fri Jun 6 02:05:16 PDT 2014

>Ok, the difference must be changes I made to the scanning state machine.
>That patch was fairly big, and did several different things.  I have split
>it up into 4 separate patches to try to narrow down where the problem was
>introduced.
>
>Can you try these firmware images in order and let me know the first
>that fails to do DFS properly?  The scan-1 should be white-space and
>debugging only, so hopefully it works.
>
>firmware-2-community-scan1.bin
>firmware-2-community-scan2.bin
>firmware-2-community-scan3.bin
>firmware-2-community-scan4.bin
>
>http://www.candelatech.com/downloads/

Thank you, I did the test, the first one and second one (scan 1 & 2) can work with DFS, the last 2 cann't.
I also retried to test promiscuous mode, may be yesterday I did something wrong when copy-paste the firmware.
Today I try the 172 commit firmware and it works in promisc mode, so again with binary search I redo my serie of test,
the different is between 120 (broken firmware) and 121 (non broken).
(My serie is: 172 OK => 86 KO => 129 OK => 107 KO => 118 KO => 124 OK => 121 OK => 120 KO, than re-change to
confirm the different :D)
Hope that is helpful for you

Thanks,
NGUYEN Vu Hai