ath10k: firmware crash in station mode & problem DFS

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Jun 5 08:43:30 PDT 2014

On 06/05/2014 01:41 AM, Vu Hai NGUYEN wrote:
>> Ok, I have built an image for each of my commits, and I have attempted to rebase my changes
>> so that these kernels should work on un-patched drivers.  I have not actually tested these
>> various images on un-patched drivers, so if you see any un-expected problems, let me know
>> and I can test those specific images.
>>
>>From your previous testing, you know the first commit should be OK for DFS, and the
> l>ast commit (172) is not.  To bisect, choose an image in the middle (ie, commit 86)
>> and see if it works.  If so, choose middle one between 86 and 172, if not, choose middle one
>> between 0 and 86...repeat until you find the first bad commit and let me know what that
>> is and I will try to figure out the problem in the firmware.
>>
>> http://www.candelatech.com/downloads/ath10k-fw-all-images/
>
> Thanks for building the image, I found out the diffrent is between the the 58th (work with DFS) and 59th commit (can not see DFS).
> Here is my serial of test: 86: KO => 43 OK => 64 KO => 53 OK => 58 OK => 61 KO => 59 KO. Then I change between 58 and 59th commit one more time to confirm the different.
> Is that all of your commit that you've done? Cause with the firmware-2-ct-non-commercial.bin I can enter promiscuous mode to set up bridge network, but yesterday I tried your 2 firmwares
> and today with the firmware of 172th commit they are all broke in bridge network.

Ok, I will look at the 59th commit today.

As for commit 172, it should be virtually identical to the firmware-2-ct-non-commercial.bin

I will double-check that I didn't miss some commit.

Can you try each of these and let me know if they work for promisc mode?

http://www.candelatech.com/downloads/firmware-2-ct-community-3.bin
http://www.candelatech.com/downloads/firmware-2-ct-community-2.bin
http://www.candelatech.com/downloads/firmware-2-ct-community-1.bin

And, in case it's a bit of a race, maybe try rebooting with each firmware
several times to see if it works in promisc sometimes and not others?