Trouble shooting low rate MCS9 in 802.11ac

Vu Hai NGUYEN vh.nguyen at actiasodielec.fr
Mon Jul 21 05:10:38 PDT 2014

>>>So probably the air condition you have forces the rate control to pick
>>>MCS7 as the most suitable rates.

>> What could I do to improve this? (Change the air conditioner LOL?)

>Heh, he meant the RF environment in the location you are. :)
>And ugh - this is why we need an open source ART already.

Thanks, I captured log from Wireshark and saw in the frame of broadcast of my AP that VHT Supported MCS 0-9 with NSS1,2,3 (both TX and RX MCS map)
but VHT Operation basic MCS map only indicate MCS 0-7 with NSS1 (strange cause if NSS1 I can not go up to 410 Mbps).
I might move my devices to a closed room to do the test so that I can avoid other RF effects.

NGUYEN Vu Hai
Acita-Sodielec
Route de Mayres - B.P. 9
12100 St GEORGES DE LUZENCON