[RFC 0/2] ath10k spectral scan support

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Tue Jul 15 23:24:58 PDT 2014

On 15 July 2014 18:32, Simon Wunderlich <sw at simonwunderlich.de> wrote:
> This is the first patchset iteration for review to implement the ath10k
> spectral scan feature. The patchset is still experimental, but we were
> able to detect our analogue 5.8 GHz TV repeater in the sample data. :)

Awesome!

[...]
>  * So far, we always get 64 bins of fft data in the samples, even if we
>    are in HT40 or VHT80 mode. That doesn't seem right, as there should
>    be more bins for wider channels (e.g. 128 or 256 bins). Is there any
>    parameter to change in the configuration to get the output from
>    multiple channels / higher bandwidth?

Hmm.. I suspect this may be because you use scan command. Scanning
uses channel list which is programmed with legacy modes a and g
(implying 20Mhz). Perhaps that's the limiting factor now. Using other
(wider) modes breaks scan from what I remember but it might be worth
checking out if it impacts fft bin sizes.