A-MSDU reception not working?

Bartosz Markowski bartosz.markowski at tieto.com
Tue Jul 8 03:59:11 PDT 2014

On 8 July 2014 09:02, Janusz Dziedzic <janusz.dziedzic at tieto.com> wrote:

[...]

> BTW, when AP (ath10k) send TCP ACK - are this packets also AMSDU?
> I see in my case AP can send 3 x A-MSDU (with total size 304 bytes)
> small frames aggregated. Maybe your HW have problems with that.

@Denton - could you please try to apply this patch -->
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/124128
(adds debugfs entires so you can manually configure ampdu/amsdu
settings) and check whether setting the amsdu to 1 will bypass the
problem (gets rid of aggregated TCP ACKs)

echo "1 64" > htt_max_amsdu_ampdu

As Janusz wrote ath10k has enabled checksum offloads, so we do not
think the retransmissions you noticed, by sniffing via ath10k device,
are due to the CRC erorrs.

> As I remember correctly someone some time ago report problems with
> MacBook pro retina but I am not sure this is the same, while no one
> tests the fix.

This is it: http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2014-May/001917.html.
We checked that time and got a hint from firmware guys there was an
IOT problem with amsdu 3 setting in our AP with BRCM sta. Can follow
up on this if that's the case here also.

-Bartosz