ath10k driver crashes whenever firmware crashes on ARM SoC

Avery Pennarun apenwarr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 21:41:53 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Well, the problem is more likely that the PCIe bus doesn't come back
> correctly, and the next IO write hits a PCI bus error.
>
> What about seeing if you can detect the PCIe error before it's a fatal
> one (hence my email earlier about trying to decode this stuff) and
> then reset the PCIe port from the PCI side?

Still chasing around some people to get a PCIe bus analyzer set up.

I did try a bit with resetting the PCI bus, but there's a lot of ways
that can get messy (turns out PCI bus controllers have a lot of
registers that get reset when you reset them, who knew?), and I didn't
manage to work around all of them.

My guess however is that the PCIe bus itself is probably not broken...
but the ath10k device may not be responding to it anymore when this
problem happens.

One thing I noticed is that if I reboot my device (which completely
resets the PCI bus), it comes back and works.  So *somehow* things are
getting cleaned up without actually cutting power.