Anyone done long term testing?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Jan 24 14:12:23 EST 2014

On 01/24/2014 11:03 AM, Kalle Valo wrote:
> Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> writes:
>
>> I left an ath10k system up overnight, running 128kbps traffic on each
>> of 32 stations, and by morning, the machine was OOM.
>
> Did you see SWBA overrun warnings before the OOM? I saw one report of
> such issue. This patch should help with that:
>
> 748afc4 ath10k: implement and use new beacon method
>
>> Just curious if anyone had done overnight traffic runs with any luck?
>
> I'm running our AP135 board with ath9k+ath10k as my main AP and have
> seen SWBA overruns few times, otherwise it has been pretty stable. But I
> haven't yet tested with the patch above to see if the SWBA overruns are
> really gone.

I didn't notice any SWBA warnings, but perhaps they were there.
I'll keep a look out for them if it happens again.

I'm also running in station mode, with lots of station vifs, so might be
hitting some issue specific to that.  I guess in station mode I shouldn't
be sending any beacons anyway, so probably not the beacon issue.

I'll update to latest to pull in that beacon patch and continue testing.