Anyone have luck with WLE900VX?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sat Feb 22 14:25:03 EST 2014

On 02/21/2014 07:13 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On 21 February 2014 17:47, Yeoh Chun-Yeow <yeohchunyeow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> WLE900VX is dual band card, right? 11ac should work on 5GHz. Is the FW
>> good enough to fall back to 11n when operating in 2.4GHz?
>>
>> I still wait my card to come so haven't tested yet.
>

> .. sounds like it doesn't have any OTP on the NIC.
>
> Is it perhaps designed to mate to a board with calibration data on the
> SoC board, rather than NIC?

It appears to be a standard stand-alone mini-pci-e NIC.  Possibly firmware changes
are needed to make it able to read the OTP or whatever similar thing holds
that information on this NIC.

Maybe the upstream .467 firmware crashed because of some changes I made to ath10k
driver, so I'll try backing those out next week and will test again.