num_rf_chains problem

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Wed Dec 24 06:46:44 PST 2014

Wilco Baan Hofman <wilco at baanhofman.nl> writes:

> On 23/12/14 08:52, Kalle Valo wrote:
>> Wilco Baan Hofman <wilco at baanhofman.nl> writes:
>>
>>> I'm currently setting up openwrt with the latest git ath10k on the
>>> Engenius ESR1750.
>>>
>>> A couple of things are off:
>>> - My chip shipped with regdomain code 0x00
>>> - OTP calibration is missing?
>>> - DFS pattern detector is not working, possibly because of OTP missing
>>> - num_rf_chains is reported as 2, which is wrong, it should be 3.
>> Most likely the calibration data is somewhere in the host flash (a small
>> MTD partion), there are already products which do that. The size of the
>> calibration data should be 2116 bytes.
>>
>> That would explain why the OTP in the chip itself is empty.
>
> Thanks! I have found a caldata MTD partition, but it contains quite a
> bit of data.. is there a signature I can check for the start (or end) of
> the calibration data?

The MAC address is something to search for and the board.bin file has
similar data format:

https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware/blob/master/ath10k/QCA988X/hw2.0/board.bin

Most likely the data starts from an even offset like 0x5000 or similar.
This was discussed before on this list, the archives might have more
hints.