Performance v/s signal quality graph.

Bart Jooris Bart.Jooris at intec.ugent.be
Tue Aug 5 08:15:58 PDT 2014

Hi Ben,

I enjoyed watching your graph already a few times now ;-)

I have a few questions related to your experiment:
-about the setup, the cards have 3x3 MIMO so the attenuator has probably
also three channels which are attenuated in parallel?
-based on the datasheet of the QCA9880 VHT80_MCS9 reception should break
around -68dBm. On your graph it breaks around -52dBm, which is not
within the described tolerances. Do you have any idea what could be
causing this? Is the noise level higher than expected? Or did I made the
wrong conclusions? I will try to verify on our setup.
-my million dollar question to you is related to the approx. 810Mbps UDP
goodput :-) I already did some experiments over 3 coax cables, I noticed
the same UDP goodput as over the air, which is around 640Mbps. Watching
the sniffer I've noticed MCS=9, Data rate=1299.9 Mbps and block ACKs
every (in avg.) 10 frames. So what is the key to the higher goodput?
-related to the hot signal, without having proof I've noticed that  it
is easier to have higher goodputs with a low tx-power set, like 1 dBm.
But probably more related to our setup... Which tx-power did you use
during your experiments? Would you be able to get the same results
(point break around -52dBm) with another tx-power set?

Thanks,

Bart

--
Bart Jooris