Vdev map issues.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Apr 30 10:06:55 PDT 2014

On 04/29/2014 11:06 PM, Michal Kazior wrote:
> On 30 April 2014 02:13, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>> Possibly I've made too many local changes and gotten confused, but this code
>> appears like it should be doing an |= instead of &= in ath10k_add_interface?
>>
>> err_vdev_delete:
>>         ath10k_wmi_vdev_delete(ar, arvif->vdev_id);
>>         ar->free_vdev_map &= ~(1LL << arvif->vdev_id);
>>         list_del(&arvif->list);
>
> Correct. Will you submit a patch?

This is tangled in another patch that enables 64-bit vdev-maps,
but I will rebase and post it shortly.

Another question in the related code:  For monitor devices, we
are using bit - 1 for the monitor device ID, but we do not subtract
one when creating normal stations.  Is this on purpose?

And, instead of checking for bit == 0, why not check for
zero map before we even try the ffs call?  That should work
for __ffs64 as well, which is what I need for lots of vdevs...