ath10k hits warning in sta_info.c:839.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Oct 23 19:28:33 EDT 2013

On 10/23/2013 12:42 AM, Michal Kazior wrote:

> Yup. This originates from the firmware limitation. It's unable to
> handle two peer nodes with same mac addr on different vdevs. That's
> why it's impossible to associate 2 (or more) station interfaces to the
> same BSS.

I'm hoping to fix that soon.  From what I can tell, the firmware is actually
crashing, not just asserting.  I can find the 'program counter' in the firmware
crash dump, but I am still working on how to get some sort of stack trace
or source code location out of that.

In case it helps someone else, I believe the register dump lines:

ath10k: target Register Dump
ath10k: [00]: 0x4100016C 0x00000000 0x0098B7DA 0x00000000

decode as:  Target, Line (if assert), ProgramCounter(PC), bad-virtual-addr