sw at simonwunderlich.de
Wed Dec 11 09:32:47 EST 2013
since there are many firmwares uploaded now, I'd like to ask some questions
about them. ;)
The ath10k-firmware repository has two folders which are appearently from
different branches. The ath10k (currently shipped default in OpenWRT) is
supposed to support all modes, while the "ap" firmware appears to be optimzed
for AP mode. I've tried both firmwares in OpenWRT with my QCA9882-based card in
AP mode, and with the "ath10k" firmware there were some throughput problems
while the "ap" showed some very good results (up to 250 mbit/s for my single
stream cell phone in iperf).
As the firmware wiki page  appears to be a little outdated (it doesn't
mention the "ap" firmware branch), my questions are:
* are both firmwares still developed, or is one of them deprecated?
* Is it possible to use IBSS mode with one or both of them? Since the AP
branch worked better (for me), from what we have now I'd prefer this one. :)
* if yes, is it possible to use AP and IBSS mode at the same time?
* since there are different firmwares in the "ap" folder (389, 467 and
untested/436), is there a changelog for them?
* Are the limitations and capabilities of these firmwares documented
More information about the ath10k