smatch question

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 16:04:17 PDT 2014

Hi Dan,

could you please remind what is the kernel data smatch needs, how
important is it to have it, how to create it and maintain up-to-date?

Also, I am getting a lot of

Warning: /home/dedekind/share/smatch/smatch_data/ is not accessible.
Use --no-data or --data to suppress this message.

And I am suppressing this with --no-data, but I'd prefer to use '-q' or
'--quiet' instead, which would ask smatch to use the data if it is
available, or just keep silence if it is not, and avoid printing the
warning. Would this make sense?

Thanks!

--
Best Regards,