Support running namespacecheck?

Keller, Jacob E jacob.e.keller at intel.com
Fri Feb 28 10:19:08 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-28 at 08:30 +0200, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-02-27 at 18:30 +0000, Keller, Jacob E wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am wondering what the best way to add support for namespacecheck
> > output in the make process would be?
> >
> > Should this add its own utility helper, or should this extend
> > aiaiai-make-kernel, and if so.. should it put the namespace in a
> > different section or not?
> >
> > I have a possible proposal in the works but was wanting to know if you'd
> > thought about this before I get too deep into it.
>
> Hi Jacob,
>
> I do not know. I googled for 'namespacecheck' and there are so many
> matches from PHP and Microsoft, so I could not figure out where do I
> check what that is. You could give me a pointer or just do it the way
> you consider right and let me check.
>
> Thanks!

in kernel tree:
~/scripts/namespace.pl

from make help:
namespacecheck  - Name space analysis on compiled kernel

I think the solution is just to support alternative targets in our
configuration setup. Today aiaiai-make-kernel supports multiple targets,
but nothing uses it. I believe that we can just extend the configuration
to allow passing targets. The two ways to do this would be to modify the
config block to include targets as a list, or to add an extra --targets
parameter. I chose to go with the support adding the parameter. I think
I sent some RFCs on this, as well as moving things into the config file.

Regards,
Jake